Asparagus is a really great veggie out there, it is great to eat it roasted, cooked in a bit of olive oil or braised. I have recently discovered how to braise it and I love it.
I took the recipe form “The food lab” book by J. Kenji Lopez-Alt.
Cooking time: 10-13 min
- 10-12 asparagus stalks for 2 people
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of broth (I use a cube)
- lemon juice
- Cut the asparagus base until the stalk feels tender.
- Heat a saute pan on high heat until it smokes.
- Add the olive oil and the asparagus immediately. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on each side for 1/2 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan.
- Immediately add the stock as well (it will splash water, so be careful) and cover with a lid.
- Cook on low fire for 7 minutes, if you want it more crunchy. 10 min if you like it well done.
- Sprinkle with lemon and enjoy it next to your favorite main meal.
Bonus picture: here is how the wild asparagus looks like :D.