This Romanian soup is made in a Greek style with egg, sour cream lemon and dill. It might seem it has lots of ingredients, but the result is really filling, fresh and delicious.
- chicken parts: ideally half a chicken, but can be thighs as well
- 2 peppers, better if they are from different colors
- 1 medium parsnip
- 1 onion
- 1 medium carrot
- 50 g of rice
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 g of sour cream with 35% fat
- 50 ml of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp of salt
- freshly ground pepper
- fresh dill (skip it if you don’t like it)
- In 2.5 l of water start boiling the meat with 1 tsp of salt.
- In the meantime, cut all the veggies. It is best if you grate the carrots for a better color.
- When the meat is ready, take it out from the water.
- Take the meat off the bone.
- When the water is boiling again, add the veggies in. Add the laurel leaf now as well, if you like it.
- After 10 min of boiling, add the rice and the clean meat.
- Mix the sour cream, egg yolks and the 50 ml of fresh lemon juice.
- Add in the well mixed sour cream liquid from the soup to temper it. Add continuously and mix well until you add 1/3.
- Then pour the tempered liquid in the main pot. Before that, check that the rice is ready and fully boiled.
- Do not boil the soup from this point on, keep in on small fire.
- Check if it needs more salt, add fresh pepper and freshly chopped dill (optional).
- Serve hot!