This recipe is a perfect light dinner and a very good recovery food after some intense physical activity. It is high in iron, which a very important micro-nutrient for endurance sports: you need iron so that your body can transport as much oxygen as possible through your body. It is true that it is a non-heme form of iron and it is more difficult for the body to absorb it, but combined with a bit of vitamin C from lemon it should be better than nothing for sure.
Warm quinoa salad
- 80g white quinoa
- 1 yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon squeeze
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 50-70g of Feta cheese
- 10 black olives
- 4 tbsp roasted pepper
- Wash the quinoa and boil it with a bit of salt according to the instructions on the package.
- Wash 200g of spinach and split it in two bowls.
- Prepare the dressing for the salad: mix one yogurt with the lemon and salt and gradually mix in the olive oil.
- Split the yogurt dressing in half and add it in each bowl together with the pumpkin seeds, cheese, olives and roasted pepper.
- Once the quinoa is ready, split it in the two bowls while it is still warm. Mix the ingredients and there you go, in under 15 min you have a healthy salad full in protein, iron, fat and useful micronutrients for the recovery during the sleep.