This baked tomato soup is a very creamy soup, a great combination of roasted, smoothness of coconut soup and spiciness of ginger. I think it is a perfect dinner for a chill autumn night and hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
Here’s how to make it:
Baked tomato soup
Baking time: 40 min
Total time: 1 hour
- 4 big tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 small piece of ginger
- 1 pepper, ideally red
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- Cut the tomatoes in half, sprinkle on them some olive oil and salt.
- Add on a baking tray the unpeeled garlic and the piece of ginger (make sure it is not very spicy, if yes, put less).
- Bake for 20 min at 180 C.
- After 20 min add the red onion and pepper, sprinkle salt and olive oil and bake for extra 20 min.
- Once it is a bit cool, peel the skin of the tomatoes (not mandatory), the skin of the garlic and ginger and add them to a pot.
- Add the coconut milk and stock, bring to a simmer and blend everything carefully until perfect smooth.
- Add the vinegar and pepper and it is ready to be served.
- Smooth and hearty!
Click here for more soup recipes.