There is something so satiating and satisfying about fried rice. A simple combination of proteins, coated in fat. After so much fuss Uncle Roger made about this dish, I tried his recipe. The conclusion is that MSG is magic.
This recipe is under 15 min, if you already have the rice cooked – a lot better from the previous day.
- 1 cup of cooked rice from the previous day
- 2-3 eggs (depending how hungry you are)
- 2 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- soy sauce to taste
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- spring onion
- fresh chilli
- sunflower oil for frying
- Cut the onion and garlic. I take out the center of the garlic to make it less strong. Fry it until golden.
- Add the egg and fry until it gets fluffy.
- Then break it.
- Add the rice.
- Add the soy sauce and stir.
- And pepper:
- And sesame oil.
- Most importantly – MSG:
- Last step is to add the chilli and spring onion and it is ready.