This jalapeno popper chicken is an inspiration from Laura in the Kitchen. There is a fascination I have for this pepper, especially fresh, and I would use it in everything. Here is her recipe (I just skip the bacon, it makes the recipe more complicated): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcFLJRBjEZI.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 3-4 jalapeno peppers
- 3 heaping spoons of cream cheese
- 3 heaping spoons of grated cheddar cheese
- green onions
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
For the sauce:
- heavy cream, I don’t weigh it
- 1 garlic
- Place a plastic foil on the chicken and press it until it gets a lot thinner. I use a normal mallet.
- Mix the cream cheese with the cheddar, green onion salt and pepper to taste.
- On one side of the chicken add the cheese mixture and then the cut jalapeno.
- Roll it in a fairly tight roll. Use tooth picks, if necessary.
- In an oven proof pan (I use a cast iron skillet) fry in a bit of oil on both sides the chicken, until it’s nicely golden.
- Cook in the oven for 20 min at 200 C for conventional oven, or 190 C with ventilation.
- Once it is done, taken out the chicken and leave in everything that oozed out.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
- Pour the heavy cream, grind pepper and parsley.
- It is ready to be served, I really like it low carb next to some boiled cauliflower.