As I am in the pita period, after experimenting with Greek and Middle Eastern flavors, I decided to try a Mediterranean version, a pita with tuna, roasted pepper and corn.
If the pita with marinated chicken was easy, this one is even easier, requires no cooking, except warming up the pita. And it is ready in under 5 min – a quick, high protein and delicious meal.
Pita with tuna, roasted pepper and corn
Preparation time: 5 min
Difficulty: very easy
- 1 small can of tuna
- 2 roasted peppers
- 2 tbsp of canned corn (I always freeze some when I open a can)
- 1 tbsp if mayonnaise
- lemon and salt to season
- green salad and black olives for filling up the pita
- Cut the peppers in small pieces, unfreeze the corn (if frozen) and open the tuna can.
- Mix them all with mayonnaise, pepper and a squeeze of lemon.
- Warm up your pita in a cast iron skillet, normal pan or toaster.
- Cut it in the middle.
- Add the tuna spread and fill it up with salad and black olives or the vegetables of your choice.
- Serve hot! You can also add some Sriracha sauce on it if you like it spicy, but can be eaten as is, since it has a nice sweet and creamy taste: