This red lentil curry is so easy to make, yet so delicious. My inspiration from this recipe comes from Rainbow plant life. I eat the dish mainly as side dish, but it is perfect as main meal next to rice or naan.
- 1 tbsp or minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper
- 1 cup of red lentils
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of coriander
- 1 tsp of Indian chili powder
- 1 cup of broth (I use from chicken cube)
- 200 g of tomato paste/juice
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Warm the coconut oil in a pan.
- Add the garlic, ginger and pepper.
- Once they soften, add your spices.
- You can now pour in the broth, lentils and tomato paste and simmer for 20 min.
- At the end add the coconut cream and simmer for few more min. If you would like the curry to be firmer, simply add less broth.
- Enjoy next to fish or meat or as a main dish next to rice.