The way I remembered this simple dessert of caramelized sugar candies with walnuts was on a desperate night, after all the shops closed and I had nothing sweet home.
My grandma used to make me these “candies” when I was a kid and these were her only candies in her childhood in the 1930′.
They are so simple to make:
- Rub some butter or oil and a wooden board.
- Pour some sugar to cover the bottom of a pan.
- Melt it until it is slightly caramelized.
- Add some roughly broken walnuts.
- Pour it immediately on the wooden board. Make sure to not touch it, it is very hot.
- After a few minuted it hardens and you can scrape it off the board.
- Break it into small pieces and enjoy it!