This Romanian potato stew with pork is a simple and rustic recipe, but very tasty and perfect to eat with some pickles.
Here is how to make it!
Potato stew with pork
Cooking time: 1.5 hours
- 3-4 potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red pepper
- 400 g of pork (the type you prefer)
- 2 tomatoes
- Fry the meat on high fire until it gets brown. Season with salt and reserve.
- In a bit of oil saute the onion until golden.
- Add the pepper until it softens.
- It is now time for the chopped garlic.
- Fort he potatoes, try to fry them as much as possible together with the vegetables.
- Once they soften a bit, add water to almost cover them and the meat + the tomatoes and cook them until the potatoes are fully soft.
- Serve immediately – potato stew with pork.
- The second day the stew will thicken significantly, making it perfect for a lunch box at work.