This beetroot soup is a sour and hot version, a pretty good combination even for summer. I am using the Romanian bors for making it sour (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bor%C8%99_(bran)), but lemon juice can work just as well. It is very fast to make, healthy and refreshing!
Cooking time: 20 min
- 4 boiled beetroots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- sour cream
- parsley or lovage
- salt to taste
- In a pot pour 1-2 tbsp of oil and start sauteing the onion, carrots, pepper and celery and add the tomatoes at the end (preferably without the skin). Saute for 5 min.
- Add 1 l of water and bring it to a boil.
- Pour in the cut beetroot and let it simmer on medium fire for 5-7 min. At this point add the salt, too.
- Add the sour choice (lemon juice or bors) and the parsley (or lovage).
- Serve hot with a couple of teaspoons of sour cream.