Hummus is a very fast food to make and also very healthy. I have recently discovered a way to make the creamiest hummus ever: the trick is to peel the little film from the chickpeas before blending them. It is quite time consuming but totally worth it. Here is what else I put in my hummus!
Creamiest hummus ever
Time: 30-40 min (10 if you skip the peeling)
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1-2 tbsp of tahini
- 1 lemon
- 1-2 tsp of powder garlic (or raw garlic if you like it more)
- Peel off the thin film from the chickpeas. This is an optional step, however it is one of the tricks that makes this recipe so creamy.
- In a blender put the peeled chickpeas with the garlic, tahini and lemon and blend at high speed for 1 min.
- Taste it and add more tahini, lemon or garlic if needed and blend again for 1 min. Blending it for a long time is the second secret of having this recipe creamy.
- Sprinkle some extra virgin oil, your favorite dried herbs and a bit of sesame and serve with pita or veggies. Or both 🙂