When I thought I am done with experimenting with zucchini, my favorite cook from YouTube came up with this great zucchini salad idea that I had to try: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQugCA8ndwI&
And I have to say it is clearly my favorite zucchini dish. A very unexpected result, light and so flavorful. I did a few small changes, like using garlic powder instead of the raw one and draining the yogurt for less time, but the result was perfect!
Preparation time: 40 min
- 1.5 medium zucchinis
- 2 yogurts
- 2-3 tsps of sunflower oil
- 1 tsp of mustard
- powder garlic
- salt and pepper
- In a strainer, pour one of the yogurts and let all the water from it drain. Mihaela recommends to leave it over night and cover the strainer with a cotton cloth. But I waited like 20 min only and the result was acceptable for me.
- Grate the zucchinis and add salt to taste and let them leave water for few min.
- In a big pan, pour a bit of water and the zucchinis and let them cook for 10 min until most water from them evaporates.
- If you want them dryer, you can press them on a strainer. Let them cool for a bit.
- Add the strained yogurt in a bowl and mix it with 1 tsp of mustard, 2-3 tsps of vegetable oil, powder garlic to taste, salt and pepper. It will make a very delicious, quick and light mayonnaise tasting sauce.
- Combine the saute zucchini with the mayonnaise and the other yogurt, taste if it needs more salt and put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Serve it cold on fresh bread. It goes wonderfully with dill, if you like dill or tomatoes. I really liked it and was very happy to steal yet another idea from the Romanian cuisine.