What is great about the fluffy American pancakes is that you can add any fruit you wish in the them: bananas, pumpkin, blueberries, strawberries. And they remain fluffy and delicious.
My favorite combination is pumpkin pancakes, but if you want a more sour, fresh taste, the blueberries version is pretty great too!
Servings: 2 persons (~10 pancakes)
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time (in two pans): 20 min
- 155 g all-purpose flour
- 10 g white sugar
- 7 g baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 225 ml milk
- 25 g of melted butter
- 50 grams of blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Into a separate bowl, mix together the egg and melted butter. Add the milk bit by bit too.
- Slowly fold in the blueberries. The batter should look like this.
- Let is rest, ideally 30 min to 1 hour, but it is not mandatory.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. I always use two of them to make the frying faster.
- Pour or scoop the batter onto the pan, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake.
- Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve them hot in a bath of maple syrup. You can add more fresh berries, fresh heavy cream or whatever toppings you prefer. Here’s how the blueberries pancakes look like: