This baked cherry tomatoes with feta cheese is a second variation to a recipe I like to make in the summer. This recipe is a bit more simple, just with tomatoes and green peppers.
In this current recipe I replace the normal tomatoes with much more tomatoes and cherry and ones, which are very juicy and will create a nice juicy liquid on the bottom. But I also add capers and fresh cayenne pepper, which will give it a very nice twist.
- 100 g of feta cheese (i use squared ones, which are easy to find in my supermarket)
- cherry tomatoes to fill your pan
- two spoons of capers
- 1 fresh cayenne pepper
- peppers (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp of olive oil
- canned artichokes (fully optional, just if you want a twist)
- Add all the tomatoes (and peppers, if you choose to add any) at the bottom of the pan. If you have a big square of feta, best is if you place the feta first.
- Add the cheese.
- Add the capers and cayenne pepper.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt, dried oregano and basil and olive oil.
- Bake it for 25 min at 220 C.
- Serve it hot and don’t hesitate to moisten your bread in the delicious liquid at the bottom of the pan.