This sweet potatoes recipe combines the sweetness of the potato with nutmeg and a savory taste of feta and basil. It is great as a side dish next to some meat or just fully by itself as a healthy and vegetarian meal.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 tbsp of butter
- few cubes of feta cheese
- fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for baking
- Cut the potatoes lengthwise a few time, not too deep. Or poke it a few times with the fork, so that it won’t explode in the oven.
- Place it on a parchment, sprinkle olive oil and bake at 220 C for 45-50 min. I prepared this recipe together with my baked cauliflower recipe, which needs the same baking time.
- Take out from the oven and make sure they are done in the middle, by poking it with a fork.
- Cut in half and add the butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Place the feta cheese in the middle and the freshly cut basil.
- Enjoy these great sweet potatoes with nutmeg.