This chicken mayo salad with crudités is a great main meal by itself, easy to be eaten even with no bread. It is not only stand alone, but also full of nutrients and low carb.
The celery root, carrots and apple only need to be grated and that’s all!
Here’s how I make it!
- 2 chicken breasts
- half a celery root
- 4 big carrots
- 3 big apples
- mayo to taste
- salt and pepper
- Grate the celery, carrot. They do not contain water, so they are good to go.
- However, after you great the apple squeeze it in your hands to take out as much liquid as possible. If not, all that liquid will set at the bottom of your salad.
- Boil the chicken until it is cooked. Then shred it. (I usually use the water where I boil he chicken, add some sliced carrot and celery and make some additional broth)
- Add salt, pepper and mayo to taste.
- Mix it well and leave it overnight in the fridge.
- This salad lasts for at least 7 days in the fridge. It is very flavorful, has a good sweet and sour balance and it is a great source for fast protein. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I do!