This chicken mayo salad is from my series of cold, high protein and low carb salads. It is a good meal to eat by itself in the summer or with some bread or green salad.
Unlike one of my other similar recipes, where you have to work on grating the ingredients, this recipe has everything canned and you can even buy them pre chopped.
Here’s how to make it!
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts
- 1 small can of corn
- 1 jar of diced pickled cucumber or 4 big pickles
- 1 can of diced canned mushrooms
- mayo to taste
- salt and pepper
- Boil the chicken, make sure that not too long so that it remains still tender, but cooked. Then shred it with your hands or a fork.
- Pour the canned mushrooms, corn and pickles in a strainer and let them drain the liquid completely. If needed, you can squeeze them by hand too.
- In a big bowl or pot combine the strainer ingredients with the shredded chicken, add salt and pepper and mayo to taste.
- Mix well, place it in a box that you can close and let it rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.