Burgers are absolutely great, whoever invented them is a genius… my only problem with them is the digestion and that where the vegan burger comes to save us. They will not taste like the juicy beef, but it is really a great replacement, easy to digest and super delicious food.
Here’s my recipe for beans burger with quinoa and mushrooms.
Difficulty: easy to medium
- 1 cup of boiled quinoa (I use white)
- 1 cup of canned beans (I use red)
- 1 dried bread or bread crumbs
- few mushrooms (I use the tails, so that I won’t throw them away)
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- salt and pepper
- tomato paste for consistency
- In a blender/chopper put the quinoa, beans, bread, spices (paprika, cumin, onion, garlic, salt and pepper) and the mushrooms. I add the tomato paste at the end, so that I don’t overdo it.
- Blend until it forms into a paste.
- Shape a quarter of the paste into a patty shape and cook in a heated pan with oil on medium heat until it is brown on both sides.
- Assemble your burger with your favorite toppings.
An extra thing you can do with the same patty is ‘falafels’ – simply shape them in a tiny rectangles, fry them until brown and serve them in a pita wrap with cabbage, tomatoes and yogurt-mint dressing.